Our Eco Journey
With the help of our dedicated Eco Warriors, Mrs Crosier and Miss Helm, we continue to promote the Eco message and to inspire everyone at St Paul's to think about their environment and how they can help.
We hold regular meetings to discuss ideas and we are trying hard to develop our school and continue the fantastic work from years gone by.
We have had a number of fund raising opportunities including the Easter Garden challenge, Holly wreath competition and our very successful Scarecrow Festival. This has allowed us to purchase resources to help with the development of our school.
With help from our dedicated team we received the Green Flag Award during summer 2016. This acknowledged all the hard work we had done over the last few years and was well deserved by everyone involved.
What we have done...
- Introduced a ' Wildlife Area ' at the back of the infant building to encourage bees and butterflies. We have also added a bug hotel and bird boxes.
- Adapted out 'Wild Meadow ' ( near the willow sculpture) with the help of the LCC gardeners who have added pathways through the area. We have also enhanced this area by adding picnic benches.
- Funded hanging baskets and flowers for each year group.
- Added new planters and tyres to the infant playground.
- Secured donations of plants, flowers and vegetables from a local nursery.
- Planted a selection of shrubs, trees and bulbs to further develop our surroundings.
- With a whole school approach we introduced new recycling units for both staffrooms and added paper/fruit bins to the classrooms.